Friday 11 July 2014

Season Magick

Just a quick post today for the Ultimate Blog Challenge.......

I love all the seasons each with their personalities that sometimes gets mixed up, I love Spring for her rebirth and all the potential of the colour that is too come, I love Summer with her warmth and harvest, I love Autumn with her beautiful colours and the changes to Mother Earth that she makes and I love Winter with her chillyness and bareness that gives us hope of the warmer months ahead.

At the moment we are in full flow of Summer and we are lucky this year because we've had mostly warm days with a blue sky and it's a pleasure to sit outside and listen to the birds singing, the bees buzzing, the butterflies dancing and the flowers blooming, it makes me feel good to be alive and although some of the leaves on my Oak trees are turning red I'm going to still cling on to Summer for as long as I can because sometimes we just don't want to let go just yet.

Rachel x

8 comments:

Alexandria Ingham said...

I'm never sure which season I love the most. I love summer for the long days and warmer weather, but I do really enjoy cuddling up on the couch with a warm hot chocolate and watching the snow fall (not that we got much over the last two years) outside. Spring and Autumn seem to just disappear so quickly for some reason. It often feels like we go straight from winter to summer and back to winter again.

Rachel Curtis said...

Hiya Lexi, I know what you mean, the seasons are not as defining as they once were but I do love snow :) I'm like a kid lol x

Swathi Shenoy said...

I love spring and winter but not the summer! The heat is unbearable and keeps me wishing for the rain to wash away the discomfort! N winter is my favourite.. I wish it would snow but it never does in this part of the country!

Rachel Curtis said...

Yes Swathi, I bet the heat is unbearable, just so glad we don't have it too hot here....would love for you to have snow x

Sophie Bowns said...

I love the summer.
I am enjoying the sun here in the UK!
Ahh!

Rachel Curtis said...

Hi Sophie, it's makes a pleasant change doesn't it to have sun instead of rain lol x

Andrea said...

I love all the seasons really, or rather I like the rhythms of the changes of the seasons. My favourite is Spring, but Summer is close on its heels. Maybe it's something to do with living in England where you never really know what the weather's going to be doing. I'm just grateful it's not raining!

Rachel Curtis said...

I know what you mean Andrea, here in the UK we never know what weather we're going to have x