Saturday 19 July 2014

Time Waits For Nobody

Time waits for nobody and that's the truth.  As we get older the weeks turn into months and before we know it our birthday knocks at the door and we're another year older.  I think it is a case of time whizzes by rather than flies by and I know it leaves me feeling wiped out.

How many of us have a filled day full of work and chores that need to be done, we wonder how on earth are we going to get our list of things to do done in just one day and can we have an extra pair of hands please.  I can make my list which I swear is getting longer and longer and yet at the end of the day I haven't crossed off everything and that means extra chores added to the following day's list.

For me, housework seems never ending but I have a plan and it's called delegation.  We tend to do everything ourselves don't we because maybe we think we are the only ones who can do it properly or it's easier if we do it but I'm pretty sure other people are capable of helping out so, every day draw up a list and delegate.

By doing this it will give you more time for yourself and you might be able to sit down and have that cuppa rather than multitasking while trying to slurp your coffee/tea plus you'll discover that people are quite ok with being asked to help out.

So, from today onwards my word of the day is delegation and I'm going to try my hardest to remember to do it, after all, I'm always willing to help so it's good to have the favor returned.

Rachel x

9 comments:

Unknown said...

True. Time waits for none.
Well written :)

Rachel Curtis said...

Thank you Daneshwari, just wish there were more hours in the day sometimes x

Anonymous said...

a great reminder to use our time different, thanks rachael.

Anonymous said...

a great reminder to use our time different, thanks rachael.

Rachel Curtis said...

Thank you Skonrath x

Nick said...

I totally agree! Great blog.

Rachel Curtis said...

Thanks Nick x

Anonymous said...

I must admit that I waste a lot of time by daydreaming. I really do get the important things done but if I don't get all of the household chores done today, it will be alright. Tomorrow is another day or perhaps I will just dream it done!

Rachel Curtis said...

Hi Cindy,

I love to daydream, don't stop because it can bring so many ideas and help you re~energize x