Monday 22 April 2013

Interview With Lyn Thurman A Goddess In Her Own Right


Huge thanks to Lyn Thurman for agreeing to our interview.  Lyn is a goddess in her own right and shares with us her journey as a author and of course a goddess.


The Goddess plays a significant part in your life, do you remember the signs she gave you that made you sit up and want to discover more?

I feel like I’m a bit of a late bloomer when it comes to learning about the Goddess.
I grew up in an atheist household so my only knowledge of spirituality came from school and that was back in the days when only Christianity was taught. I knew there were goddesses but it didn’t even occur to me that they were anything other than stories passed down in myths and legends.

My wakeup call came at a time when my life was in chaos but my spiritual path was emerging. I found a book on Wicca and it talked about a god and a goddess. That was a big ‘a-ha’ moment for me and it seemed to be the missing piece of my spiritual puzzle.

That was ten years ago and my understanding and curiosity of the Divine Feminine grows each day. It’s grown, perhaps, at a faster rate since my daughter was born because I see the necessity in teaching her about the sacred feminine presence and balance in all things.

How does magic and goddess work together when performing spell work?

When you begin to understand the divine feminine more, you see that there is an aspect of Her for any situation in life so you can ask that goddess to help you out in spell work. For example, if you want to cast a spell for more money in your life then you’d ask, respectfully of course, Lakshmi to lend a hand or if you want protection then you might ask Bastet to keep prowl.

When you work with deities, you have to remember that they have personalities and quirks so it’s important to research first rather than regret later.

I also think it’s very important to sacrifice to the goddess you’re working with too, rather than expect them to help you for free. The idea of sacrifice, to leave a sacred offering, is often overlooked or misunderstood. It’s a sign of respect and it doesn’t have to be anything huge or expensive– candles, incense, food, little trinkets or donations to a suitable charity for instance.

Any advice on how to connect to your inner goddess?

First of all, you have to realise you have an inner goddess!

It’s very easy with the super-fast paced and stressful world we live in to forget that we’re sparks of divinity and as women, we are goddesses. And as goddesses, we deserve and need to treat ourselves as such.
A very simple and quick way to connect with your inner goddess is to spend a couple of minutes in a peaceful environment. Breathe deeply and be aware of your thoughts floating by (don’t concentrate on them… just imagine them like fluffy clouds moving along the sky on a gentle breeze). When you’re feeling calm, put your hand on your heart and ask yourself “what does my inner goddess
want me to know right now?” Pay attention to the first thought in your mind or the first words from your lips because that’s your inner goddess speaking to you.

Most authors aim is to relay a message to their audience, what is your message to those who might be wondering about the goddess?

If you feel curious about the Goddess then reach out to other people who already bring the divine feminine into their lives (the internet is fabulous for reaching out to Goddess ambassadors), read books & visit blogs. While you travel on this path, look for ‘meaningful co-incidences’ and signs from spirit that help you. Most importantly; relax, explore, and have fun with the Goddess!

Facebook/Twitter/Website/Blog links? Website: www.LynThurman.com Soul Path Tribe: www.soulpathtribe.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/LynThurmanPage Twitter: www.twitter.com/LynThurman

Do you have any new books on the cards?

Nothing at the moment as I’m pretty busy with my Soul Path Tribe!

No comments: